Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Impressions

Sometimes I wish that I looked mature rather than young. I remember that growing up I always looked younger than my age. Now that I'm in my twenties people older than me tend assume certain things of the "young" people, like me. Things like inexperienced, knowing little, single or with a not married partner, immature, don't make smart choices, and probably others. While some of these might be true, I don't always make smart choices for example, it would be nice to not give off these impressions with my looks or age.

Yesterday Tim and I were told that we seemed too young to be married. Once she found out how old we are she reasoned her statement with the fact that a growing number of people are waiting till their thirties to get married and many don't get married but just live common law. Somehow her comment made me think about how we come across and why people make assumptions.

Most of the people I can think of that are married and in their twenties are Christian and therefore have the Bible as their foundation setting the rules and morals for life.

Maybe if I didn't look so young I would also be taken seriously more often too.

No comments:

Post a Comment